The Alliance Française de Dallas is a non-profit, non-political, locally operated organization. All classes and activities are open to everyone without discrimination on the basis of gender, race, religion, nationality and/or ethnic origin and other laws and statutes of the State of Texas and/or federal laws.
Our Group Classes are organized by:
- 8 week sessions for Adult Group Classes
- Semesters and/or 4 or 8 week sessions for Kids or Teens Group Classes
- Payments must be made in full at time of enrollment.
- Tuition and fees can be paid by: check*, credit card online (via PayPal), over the phone or in person at the school (by appointment only). We are currently not accepting any cash. *A $25 surcharge will be levied on all checks returned to AFDC with insufficient funds.
- Books are mandatory for most group classes. They can be mailed with an additional shipping fee of $10. Otherwise they can be picked up beforehand at our main office, by appointment only.
- Tuition costs do not include textbooks or workbooks.
- A minimum of 4 students is required in order to open a group class. If the class only has 3 students, the instruction time will be reduced to 1h30 per week, for a total of 12 hours per session.
GROUP CLASSES : A prorated tuition credit may be issued for withdrawal before the end of the first week of classes, for a maximum of 75% of tuition, and will remain valid for up to 12 months from the issuance date. There will be no credit of tuition if you withdraw after the first week of the session. Missed Classes : there are no credits, discounts or refunds for missed classes.
PRIVATE CLASSES : Paid classes should be completed within six months. Refunds are subject to a 30% retainer fee. There is no refund after 90 days. Should a class need to be cancelled, a 24 hour notice is required or the class will be charged. Out of respect for our teacher’s time, please make sure to arrive on time. Any delay will not be made up for.
The Alliance Française de Dallas reserves the right to cancel courses, adjust curriculum or change teachers at any time during the session. L’Alliance follows the Dallas ISD regarding closures during inclement weather.
A minimum of four enrolled students is required to open a viable group class. If only three students are enrolled in a group class, the weekly duration of the class of two hours will be reduced to 1h30 instead in order to keep the class open.
If you are registered in a class that is cancelled, you will be notified by phone or email and be given the option to transfer to another class. If there are no alternative classes available, a full refund will be issued.
In order to carry out our classes and events in the most enjoyable and comfortable atmosphere for everybody, we ask every member and student to read and adhere to the following Code of Conduct.