Book Club for French Learners
Gather with fellow francophiles at Cercles de lecture, our new AF book discussion groups.
This program, helps students improve their French-language skills by reading and discussing French literary works in a variety of genres.
Moderated by a French native speaker
Offered once a month at three learning levels:
- Beginner Level A2
- Intermediate Level B1
- Advanced Level B2
- Proficiency Level C1&C2
AF Students & Members Only
- $12 per session for members, Book included
- $17 per session for non-members, Book included
- Limited to 12 people per session
Prior Registration Required
Registration starts one month prior to event, in person at the library.
AF Dallas will order the books for everyone.
For more information, please contact-us.
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of everyday life (e.g. very basic personal & family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms his/her background, immediate environment, and basic needs.
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, and leisure.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Understand the main ideas of both concrete and abstract topics in complex texts, including technical discussions in a field of specialization.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers comfortable without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.