Stagiaire / Internship
URGENT: The Alliance Francaise de Dallas is currently seeking a motivated and purposeful individual to serve 10‐20 hours per week as Marketing & Event Management Intern for the Marché de Noël event.
Internship position: Marketing & Event Management
Application deadline: October 15, 2018
Position: Part-time, unpaid
Time frame: Oct-Nov 2018
The Alliance Française is a worldwide independent, non-profit, cultural and educational center network, with over 800 chapters in 132 countries. There are 107 chapters in the United States and Dallas is one of them. Our mission is to encourage the study of French culture and language, and to foster cultural, intellectual and artistic exchanges between the French speaking world and our local North Texas community. As part of our cultural agenda, the Alliance Française de Dallas co-organizes every year the “Marché de Noël” (a.k.a French Christmas Market) in collaboration with Dallas International School. The first edition was in 2014, it has been consistently growing every year, becoming our flagship event, drawing over 2,500 visitors in 2017 and we aim to continue to make it grow!
The Marketing and Events Management Intern will work closely with the Cultural Events Coordinator in order to assist with different marketing and logistics tasks involved with the Marché de Noël overall organization:
- Coordinating the collection of pictures and content from different vendors;
- Writing and posting effective, inspiring, and engaging daily content for all the Marche de Noel vendors on our Social Media channels;
- Responding to messages on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram when needed;
- Gauging audience receptivity and developing strategies for inspiring our followers and fans to connect with our page and posts;
- Engaging with relevant social media trends and popular platforms to expand and enrich the Marche de Noel outreach;
- Assist in creating marketing and advertising promotional activities online and offline (e.g. direct mail, newsletters and flyers);
- Help distribute marketing materials;
- Assist with the overall promotion of the market.
Event management tasks:
- Support in addressing general inquiries from vendors;
- Follow-up and relay information to vendors;
- Assist with the Marché de Noël branding (decorations, etc.);
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned;
- Volunteer on the day of the event.
- Must be able to work in the US
- Must be able to commute to Dallas at least three days a week (10-20 hours per week)
- Graduated or currently enrolled in a related program (Marketing, Events Management, Communications) at a recognized college
- Must have strong proficiency in Social Media usage, Microsoft Office, email applications, mobile applications and the Internet.
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken
- Exceptional attention to detail a must
- Ability to complete projects independently
- Photoshop skills a plus
- French is not required but always a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a French speaking environment
- Must be FLEXIBLE and comfortable multitasking
- Should be proactive, self-driven, committed, and enthusiastic!
How to apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 15, 2018.
Professeur de FLE
- Descriptif du poste
L’Alliance Française de Dallas recherche un enseignant expérimenté de FLE pour accompagner son développement.
L’enseignant aura à charge :
– L’enseignement du français (niveaux A1 à B2) pour des publics enfants, adolescents et adultes au sein de l’Alliance Française de Dallas.
– La préparation des étudiants (internes et externes) aux examens DELF-DALF et participation aux différentes sessions organisées (Prim’, Junior, Tout public).
– La participation aux réunions pédagogiques.
- Compétences requises
Le professeur doit être dynamique, autonome, sérieux et avoir le sens du contact. Le candidat doit avoir une expérience dans l’enseignement.
La connaissance du DELF-DALF est souhaitée et l’habilitation serait un plus.
Pour les professeurs américains, un niveau C2 de français est demandé.
Pour les enseignants francophones natifs, un visa de travail valide est demandé.
Les cours ont lieu en soirée et le samedi.
Envoyer votre candidature accompagnée d’une lettre de motivation et d’un CV, à l’attention de Patricia Meausoone.