The Alliance Française de Dallas offers group classes for adults at ALL levels: from beginner levels (A1 and A2), to intermediate levels (B1 and B2), and all the way to expert levels (C1 and C2).

Our group classes are designed to help our students to progressively acquire the skills to learn and practice the concepts being covered, in a full French immersion environment since day one. All our are designed to provide opportunities for communication and interaction in French, at ALL levels.

The Alliance Française de Dallas provides instruction based on an effective cultural and communicative approach that integrates all four language skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.

All classes are designed to provide the language skills to meet the DELF/DALF exam requirements.

Our group classes run by sessions of 8 weeks. Each session includes 16 hours of instructional time: classes meet once a week for 2 hours at a time.

Please note the total volume of hours shown above to cover one specific level is an estimated average. It is not uncommon to see variations from one group to another. We prioritize quality over speed, your teacher will determine whether your group is ready or not to move at a faster pace.

A minimum of 4 students is required in order to open a group class. If the class only has 3 students, the instruction time will be reduced to 1h30 per week, for a total of 12 hours per session.

A placement test is required for all prospective students who have studied French before.

A textbook and a workbook are required for most of our group classes. They are available for purchase online, directly at the Alliance, or throught Klett World of Language

You can also check all the dates for our Class Session during 2024 here

The Alliance Française de Dallas offers language workshops designed to complement and/or reinforce specific aspects of French language learning:

• Pronunciation Workshops for all levels,
  • Conversation Workshops for all levels,
  • Grammar Workshops for intermediate (B1 & B2) and advanced levels (B2 and up),
  • French for Travelers workshops: designed to provide you the basic survival and communication tools for your upcoming trip.

placement test is required for all prospective students who have studied French before.